And here is one little video that signifies weeks of work sewing costumes, teaching singing and choreography, driving to the church to practice in a bigger space, etc. (I had originally planned to post all 3 videos, but this one took 4 hours to upload, so I opted to just leave it at this one).The Showcase was a great experience, giving them a chance to sing on a stage with a theatre that seats 500 people. Bright lights, makeup, all of it was very exciting. I got them ready in the very same change room that I used to use when I was a kid performing at that theatre. So much nostalgia. And now we put the costumes away for another year, and they'll probably never wear them again, but it was worth it. One more experience they'll hopefully remember as a positive one in their little lives. Man, were they ever cute.
Monday, March 30, 2009
The Festival Strikes Again
Well, the festival is over for another year, and all in all, was a great success. The girls got a great mark in their duet class, earning them a spot in the Musical Theatre Showcase at the Yates on Saturday night. They each did great in their solo classes as well, and were very proud of themselves by the end of the day. We had a huge crowd of people come to support them, which was probably more important to them than how they did.


And here is one little video that signifies weeks of work sewing costumes, teaching singing and choreography, driving to the church to practice in a bigger space, etc. (I had originally planned to post all 3 videos, but this one took 4 hours to upload, so I opted to just leave it at this one).The Showcase was a great experience, giving them a chance to sing on a stage with a theatre that seats 500 people. Bright lights, makeup, all of it was very exciting. I got them ready in the very same change room that I used to use when I was a kid performing at that theatre. So much nostalgia. And now we put the costumes away for another year, and they'll probably never wear them again, but it was worth it. One more experience they'll hopefully remember as a positive one in their little lives. Man, were they ever cute.
And here is one little video that signifies weeks of work sewing costumes, teaching singing and choreography, driving to the church to practice in a bigger space, etc. (I had originally planned to post all 3 videos, but this one took 4 hours to upload, so I opted to just leave it at this one).The Showcase was a great experience, giving them a chance to sing on a stage with a theatre that seats 500 people. Bright lights, makeup, all of it was very exciting. I got them ready in the very same change room that I used to use when I was a kid performing at that theatre. So much nostalgia. And now we put the costumes away for another year, and they'll probably never wear them again, but it was worth it. One more experience they'll hopefully remember as a positive one in their little lives. Man, were they ever cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



So fun.....this totally brings me back to my festival days!
ReplyDeleteOh man, the Festival! I had such a love/hate relationship with it every year, but I'm so glad my piano teacher made me do it!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to your girls for doing so well! They are wonderful!