CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

To Blog or Not To Blog

Alright. I realize my last post was in the summer. This is a bad habit I have and I'm trying to change. I start a project (in this case, a blog), and after awhile, I think, "man, it's a lot of work keeping up with ..." and I just stop doing it. I wouldn't say "quit", since that implies failure. No, I would say I just intentionally forget to keep up and eventually it's gotten too late to go back to it, so it's all over. I can think of so many examples of this in my life, that instead of listing any of them, I will just say that there is evidence of this all over my house/backyard/crawl space/bookshelves/piles of unfinished paperwork. So in an effort to conquer this little problem of mine, I have swallowed my pride, admitted to myself that I need to keep up with at least one thing in my life, and have returned to the world of blogging. And here I am. Months later, and so much to catch up on that I am just going to start fresh from here and not even bother updating all the things I've neglected. I will say that summer was great - lots of adventures, and fall has been great so far too. Any more information can be obtained by going on my facebook page, or just calling me on the phone. Dishwasher unloading can be a very boring and monotonous experience, and I will happily catch up with any of you on the phone at that time, or any other house-cleaning time, for that matter.

So what's new right now, you ask? Well, everyone in the house is sick except for the mother. A middle of the night trip to the hospital two nights ago was a good indication of the winter to come. We have all had both sets of flu shots (which I will save for its very own post, because trust me, I have opinions on that), and I'm hoping that somehow that will help us not head down the road to four straight weeks of illness, but you never know. My whole house smells like clorox disinfectant wipes, and I am now making my piano students use anti-bacterial hand soap before their piano lessons. Never thought I would be a germophobe, but it's the wave of the future, I suppose, and I'm surfing it. Our kids were healthy for halloween, and I do plan to put some pictures on here of that (again, for another post), but our computer is very old and extremely slow, and when I post pictures it literally takes the entire day for them to download (if the computer doesn't freeze mid-loading), so that will not be happening this morning either. Other than that, we're pretty much the same as always. More busy than we'd like, with less time for helping others than I'd like, and too much complaining about being too busy for my liking as well.

So that's that. My first official post in several months. Wasn't quite as painful as I had expected, so that's good. Realizing I now have to do this again and catch up on what's been happening is a little painful, but I'll survive. And in the meantime, the decision to resume blogging has made me realize that I can conquer my fear of finishing/sustaining a project. Perhaps I should take another look at the pile of stuff on my deepfreeze again this morning. There may be hope after all.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, welcome back...I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I relate Lor. I just did my first post in about 6 or months also... Glad to see that you're not quitting. And, hey, hearing something every few months is better than nothing, right? At least that's how I'm trying to look at it so I don't feel like a total blogging failure.

    ReplyDelete

Followers