December is here, and even though I know it, my house is decorated and the paper chain countdown from Tony P.'s preschool is getting smaller every day, I am never prepared for how December hits me like a wave, or rather a tsunami. I love Christmas, I love Christmas music, I love the whole season - I just wish that in the course of all of these happy feelings I didn't get stressed out too. So for the rest of the month (I can say this because now the ward party is over and that's one less thing to stress about) I am going to try very hard to not get stressed out. I'm going to try instead to be happy about all of the things that my kids and I are involved in, in order to get through them in a positive way, or at least in one piece! And truly I do love to be involved in things at Christmas music, and I wouldn't have it any other way or I guess I wouldn't be doing it, so from now on, positive it will be. If you read this and then hear me complaining, please remind me that I'm trying to be positive, because it's really so easy to forget.
I did get to do something so lucky last week and I'm feeling happy about it, so I'm going to blog about it too, thus the "Other Christmas Stuff" in the title of this blog entry. I was invited by a friend to go to her daughter's (one of my former students and great friend) choir Christmas concert this week. It was a night that PWL could be home with the kids and I didn't have anything planned, so I agreed to go. We had to drive 2 hours to get there, the roads were terrible, it was dark, and neither of us were really thrilled to be in a car, but it was worth it! She is in university now, studying music, and the choir she sings in was great to listen to. I was so proud of her and was so grateful to my friend for inviting me along. Her concert was held in the same church that I have sung in many times, starting with the first choir I ever sang in when I was 7 years old. It was so neat to be in that building and to be in the audience, listening to great music, and being proud of my student who has now turned into such a beautiful singer. An uplifting night, and one I am so glad I got to be a part of.
Now, on to Christmas music and Christmas fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



So Lor, it is now half way through January. What's happening in your fam??? Inquiring minds want to know, or is that just snoopy Aunties??
ReplyDelete