CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Is Coming...


Well, a very nice computer-literate person came to our house the other day and fixed our computer, yet again, and now I can post on my blog again, for anyone who is still reading this thing. It has been consistently freezing here in this frozen wasteland we call home, and with the cold comes a feeling of anticipation of Christmas, and a feeling of dread that Christmas is almost here. I love Christmas - always have. It's the time of year when we all feel so happy about something coming up, our whole house decor is changed to twinkling lights and evergreen, and suddenly it's ok to have music playing every spare second of the day (although most of the time at our house that's the norm). But for some reason, I have scheduled my last week before leaving for Christmas break as the busiest one of the month. And now here I am, five days before we leave, and I have not bought half of the presents I planned to get, I have once again not sent out Christmas cards (although I had every intention of doing that at the end of November - where has the time gone?!?!?), and I have a cookie exchange tomorrow that I am baking 12 dozen cookies for, with no time to bake them! Since when has Christmas become such a time of craziness? Always? Was I missing something?

And yes, we are leaving again for Christmas. Last year we decided that we were actually grownups and could have a Christmas in our very own home after just 12 years of having Christmas elsewhere. However, when we started to talk about Christmas this year, our kids informed us that they didn't like having Christmas here, and they wanted to go to Grandma's house. When asked which Grandma, they replied that they didn't care, they just didn't want to stay here. I tried very hard not to be offended, and once I got over the idea that they didn't like being at home on Christmas morning, I got just as excited as them about not being here. Now I'm not in charge of Christmas dinner, or Christmas morning breakfast...you get the idea. Not that I don't love to do all that Christmassey baking, but I'm not going to complain if someone else offers to do it for me. So we're off to mom and dad's for Christmas this year, and the snow and sledding and beautiful mountain views that go with them.

So if I don't post on here again before Christmas, Merry Christmas to you all. We have had a great year. Maybe I will send out Happy New Year cards this year instead, but if I don't, please just imagine that I sent you a Christmas card and told you how lucky I am to have you as a friend, and that I hope we stay in touch in the coming years.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I'm still reading. :-) Have a great Christmas with your folks. We don't travel for Christmas most of the time anymore, but only because we've gotten so used to Florida that we never have many winter clothes!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, I think Chrissy has finally taught me how to comment! I often read your blog so keep it up : ) We missed seeing you in Lethbridge but will just have to make an effort to get to Strathmore. I hope you had a great time in Coleman and will now have a relaxing time at home before school and all the craziness starts again. love Aunt Denise

    ReplyDelete

Followers