CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Want Answers? How About More Questions Instead?

Yesterday we took Tony P. in to see his regular pediatrician. We were asked to do a follow-up once his antibiotics were done, so thought we would do that as soon as possible. I was hoping for a few more answers about his condition, and for her to at least agree with everything we heard in the hospital. However, she was quite perplexed about where his serious diagnosis was coming from, especially because he presents as a relatively healthy kid. Instead of reassuring me that everything we had heard in the hospital was solid information, she told me she was so surprised to hear that he was that sick and that she had to ask the consulting pediatrician to repeat his name three times just to make sure she had the right kid. She's in agreement that we should get the cath done, but as far as what will come after that, she is just as interested to see the results as the rest of us. She didn't completely agree with the assessment of the size of his liver, or his spleen, or really anything else. I left feeling more confused about everything than I was when I arrived. I'm not excited for him to have this procedure done in March, but if it means that we get some definitive answers, then I think it's worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Well at least you found out something- Anthony is his own case with his own health history and future not found in a textbook- nothing like feeling confused!

    ReplyDelete

Followers