Since I have decided to revisit the world of blogging, I have realized that it is actually nice to have a place to remember all the things we do or will be doing. Because of that, I am trying to take a more active role in documenting these things by putting pictures of our lives on here. A long explanation for the pictures I'm posting right now, but whatever. It was Ray's first swim meet of the season on Saturday, and this time our whole family went. Not always ideal to try to get a 3-year-old to sit poolside for 5 hours, but with a few electronic devices to keep him entertained, and a dad who took him on a 2 hour walk, we managed to make it through. She did really well and improved all her times except for one, so I think she was happy. If she could ever learn how to master those flip turns, I think it'd be smooth sailing for her, but it's always good to have a challenge. In her words, "everybody has to work on something, right?" That's the spirit!
Waiting for her first race to start. It was so fun to watch her be a part of a team and cheer for all her teammates. She was so excited, and so were we.
Butterfly in the 100M IM. I am still totally amazed that she can do this stroke at all, since if I tried it I'm quite sure I would drown.
Swimming the backstroke portion of her 100M IM. I think she beat that kid beside her...
In other news, we started both our ward choirs yesterday (grown-ups and kids), and I'm really optimistic about both of them. In fact, I can't wait to get going on the rest of the music. It's just another reminder for me that people love music, especially Christmas music, and will stay for a whole hour after church is done to learn new songs and be with friends, even if it means listening to the bossiest lady in the world.
So that was our weekend. Have a great week!
Well that was sure fun to read about Thanksgiving and see the fabulous pictures in the leaves. Our friend in Toronto would love to see those. It's like a flashback to when you were little and loved to do that there. I loved seeing the swimming pictures too - she looks so grown up! Thanks for keeping a record for us and for the kids. It will be priceless in their futures. (I'm listening to Sarah right now - haven't heard her for a long time.)
ReplyDelete