
Ok, so I'm not quite there yet. But I'm on my way. A few weeks ago I was teaching preschool music, and a little girl came up to give me a hug. Before she got to me, she stopped, looked straight in my face, and said, "What are those purple and brown things under your eyes?"
What do you say to a kid who asks a question like that? They're not trying to be rude, they're just trying to figure out why you look so much different than they do. I laughed, but inside I was crying. Sobbing, actually.
Then yesterday, Tony P. was giving me a kiss and said, "Mom, your face is cracking." Trust him to be so literal in his comments. I guess if he doesn't know the word for "wrinkle", then "cracking" would actually quite accurately describe those "laugh lines" under my eyes.
Oh, 25, how I miss you. I'd even go back to 30 if I could. How does one who cannot afford monthly botox injections stop the onslaught of wrinkles that are inevitably in the future? My grandma lived to be 90 years old, and was one of the most beautiful women I have ever known. She aged so gracefully, and she told me once it was because she used lotion every day. I have lotion. I use it every day. Pretty sure if I live to be 90 I won't look quite like her.
I'm open to suggestions here, readers. Anyone who has an idea, feel free to share it. I'd just like to get to 40 without my son pointing out all the new places where my skin is cracking.



Just smile all the time, continuously, and it'll look like the wrinkles belong there!
ReplyDeleteIf it helps, I've never noticed any wrinkles or brown and purple lines under your eyes. ;)
LOL! I like Negri Up North's comment. Good one. "Smile."
ReplyDeleteSimple. So easy. And yet the better attention getter.
P.S. I think I would have to agree with the second statement too. "I've never noticed any wrinkles or brown and purple lines under your eyes. ;)"
And just so you know......the 40's are awesome! No matter how many wrinkles creep up. Trust me. I know. It's usually the creaks and the groans that I notice more. ; D
I hear ya! We have discussed the aging body issue! It's not quite the same as when we were 25! You still look great.....and I haven't noticed ANYTHING under your eyes!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Tobie - I haven't noticed anything but you just keep getting more fun, cool, beautiful and I am thankful to have such Hottie's for friends!!
ReplyDeletelotion does help, as does smiling, as does sunscreen, as does taking some time for yourself to just sit and be still sometimes. right now you are thinking, ya right, but you just have to find out how to be kind to yourself. and all the other comments are so true, you are beautiful, inside and out and life begins at 42!!!! love ya
ReplyDeleteby the way i LOVED the picture!!!
ReplyDelete