CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 12, 2010

The Big Trip

9 days, 2800 kms, 3 kids, lots of candy, and more mileage on the van, and this is what we have to show for it. I have to say right at the beginning that this trip would not have been as fun as it was without the generosity of my fantastic sisters and their families, and PWL's extended family as well. Thanks to all of those who made our trip as fun as it was. We couldn't have done it without you. So instead of writing about the trip (since I already write too much, I know), I thought I'd compose a photo journal of all the things we did. Enjoy!

Day 1: Easter egg hunt for the kids and grown-ups at Auntie V's house. Great prizes and great fun had by all. Not great prizes won by all, but we tried our best! Day 2: Easter morning and Temple Square minus Tony P. in the afternoon. Such a nice afternoon and hopefully memorable for the girls.Day 3: Play with the cousins all day, swim with the cousins all night. Cousins are so great to have around - wish we could see them more often.Day 4: Trip to BYU with the kids - this is the Bean Museum, where people who like to hunt and kill things donate them so others can see what they would look like if they were still alive. Don't get me started. Also a Jazz game with no kids, and the Jazz won, so that was exciting.

Day 5: Thanksgiving Point dinosaur museum (AKA Tony P's dream come true). He's in that picture - if you squint hard enough you can see him. We took the shark picture for my mom - she wanted one of the cousins together. Hopefully this will suffice, although the scared looks on their faces aren't quite what she had envisioned, I'm sure. We also went out that night without the kids and could even hear each other speaking and complete whole sentences. Who knew we were all so intelligent without our kids around?


The other days are not as well documented, as they consisted of much more relaxing activities, like visiting with cousins and friends and basically catching our breath before the drive home. And now we're home, and thrilled to be here. More responsibility, yes, but also more than 5 shirts to choose from, and that's enough for me.

8 comments:

  1. Hi.

    Looks like you had a wonderful and well deserved break away from the craziness for awhile. That is awesome.

    I had to chuckle when I saw that you guys went to the Jazz Game and said they won.

    I have a really good friend of a friend, who has a blog documenting the struggles she is going through with her son, who has cancer. He has been fortunate to have many great friends rally around to help him be able to attend fun events such as the Jazz Game to get his mind off the things he is going through right now. Anyway.....you must read her post here regarding the Jazz Game you were just at. They were there too. And this is her reason why the Jazz won (LOL!):

    http://mysuperspence.blogspot.com/2010/04/best-day-everreally.html

    Anyway....welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I just say you have the cutest family ever! I'm glad you had a good time away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to be back in time for the snow!!! so wish that my possible trip had turned out, i would have loved to have been there with you all. It looks like you had a super time, so fun to get together with the sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great picture of your family on your header- though I will miss the Christmas one where little Tony P. was obviously wanting to get away!! Looks like a great trip! I am so glad you got away- again can I please be adopted- your fam looks like one I would get along with and I need somewhere to saty in Utah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tony P? Don't you mean Tony the Tiger? Love his pants in the family picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you guys had a great trip! My boys love the shark picture! AND of course the one at the JAZZ game!!!! Your husband definitely needs to frame that and hang it in his office!!!

    Very cute family picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know the previous comment was a Mike comment, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. His pants are like a second skin for him these days - I never even notice anymore until we are trying to take a nice picture. I should have changed the color to sepia so it wasn't so obvious! No worries Jenn, I knew it was Mike.

    ReplyDelete

Followers