
So I have fallen into the trap that I at first despised. I filled out my 25 random things on facebook. I thought it would be therapeutic. It was, at the very least, interesting to see where my mind would wander if given the time to think about said things. I have truly enjoyed reading everyone else's 25 random things. I have found out things about my friends that I never would have guessed on my own. I had fun reading other people's comments about my nostalgia and the random things I remembered from my childhood. But now, I'm stuck. I keep getting tagged for new posts. Such as:
Answer only yes or no to the following questions.
Fill out this survey about your first child.
(What about my second child? Or my third? Do we not do surveys about these children because we wouldn't be able to remember all of the answers? Do I really remember how long I was in labour with each child? Do I want to?)
So now I'm in a real predicament. On the one hand, I really enjoy reading other people's answers, but on the other hand, I don't know if I want anymore personal information out there for people to know about me. Can I continue to read other people's comments without reciprocating in kind? Will those friends be offended if I choose to read, and not respond? I have never in the past responded, but now that I've entered this world of surveys, I feel a newfound sense of obligation to write interesting facts about myself that no one would care to ask or otherwise know.
If I were to make up a survey for myself today, here's what it would say:
Answer yes or no to the following questions:
Did you slip and fall on the ice today: NO
Have you slipped and fell on the ice several times in the past few weeks: YES
Did you steal some of your children's valentine candy today: YES
Are you making a nice dinner tonight: NO
Will you most likely fall asleep on the couch watching a movie at 9:00 due to sheer exhaustion: YES
Did you change the background of your blog because the other one was driving you crazy: YES
Will you start this all over again tomorrow: I'd like to say NO, but YES
There. My own personal survey. Far more interesting than questions anyone else would think up, and yet I still stuck to the format. Did I waste time today writing this blog entry? YES. Was it worth it for a little escape? DEFINITELY YES.



No comments:
Post a Comment