Thursday, February 19, 2009
Blogger Frustration
There is no school today. I thought, since my kids are so excited that they can still wear their pj's and watch Treehouse (because that's their dream day-off), that I would take a minute and update my blog. I changed the background last week because I didn't like the "busy-ness" of it, and now I've discovered a really cute background that I'm happy with. So then I thought I would add a picture behind my header. These are all new terms to me, by the way, and with my limited technical skills, I am confused at the best of times. I had this cute picture of our family from last summer that I wanted to use as a background, but of course, when I tried to insert it, it made my family humungous and the rest of the blog was tiny. So I post this in frustration, with the hopes that some of you experienced bloggers out there can tell me how to shrink a picture to fit behind my header. That's all I want to do. Oh, and change the font. And clicking Help does not, in actuality, help me at all. I'm inserting the picture that I wanted to use as my background below, just in case I never figure this out.
It's a picture on the top of the Bear's Hump in Waterton. PWL would actually prefer if I didn't use it, since his hair is much longer then than it is now, and he's wearing his old glasses. But I like it. It reminds me that this long winter won't last forever, and before we know it, we'll be bribing our kids with ice cream from the Big Scoop if they'll just keep hiking a little further. It also makes me think that someday, I won't have hours to sit in my basement and blog, since it will be nice outside and we can go out and play. Then maybe I won't be so frustrated with these kinds of trivial things. But in the meantime...help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



It's not so much the hair and glasses as the look on his face, was he confused what to do when the picture taker said "Say Cheese"? Leave this with me, I will make you a banner to be coveted.
ReplyDeleteLoralee, you do much better than I do. In actual fact Steve puts the pictures in the blog for me and I add the text. I have yet to figure out how to put the pictures in let alone doing anything fancy with them. Right now it is just quicker to ask him how to do it. Loved your blog thus far.
ReplyDelete