I told my kids they could make their own breakfast this morning. I needed a shower. I figured they would get a box of cereal, pour it in a bowl, put milk on it, and eat it. In a sense, that is exactly what they did, plus a few additional ingredients. Here is the recipe (as told to me by my children):
Super Silly Cereal (a title they made up themselves)
Corn Pops
Raisin Bran
Shreddies
Munchies Mix
Jam
Chocolate Syrup
Milk
Orange Juice
Here is the finished product (in the biggest bowl we own):

I like how they swirled the chocolate syrup around, to make it look fancy.

I made my husband take a picture so that I would have proof that I actually ate it. I didn't want to hurt their feelings. Man, was it ever disgusting. (Note the beautiful post-shower hair).

Aren't they cute? They were so proud of themselves, I didn't have the heart to tell them not to waste so many ingredients (all of our breakfast cereal) or that mixing orange juice and milk can curdle in your stomach (like it did in mine). I just let them sit on the table and eat it, right out of the bowl, and I ate it too. My husband somehow got out of eating ANY at all, based on the fact that he was "in a hurry and had to get to work". But he did make a point of telling my kids that they have the best mom ever. I'm not necessarily agreeing with the blanket statement of "best mom ever", but I will concede that this morning, I was the best mom to my kids that I know how to be. And I still have the stomach ache to prove it.
Thank goodness for an early morning swim first hopefully you didn't take in any water or I think that "breakfast" concotion may have come straight back up!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a great Mom!
The Munchie mix is what put it over the top for me, before that at least everything was sweet. You're a great mom, I would not have been.
ReplyDelete