Let's see...I am terrible at keeping a record of the important events that happen in the lives of my children or myself, so this is my attempt to remember at least one thing each of them accomplish before they turn 18. I have 3 kids, 1 husband, no pets, a house, a van, and a terrible tendency to not finish things through to completion. Oh, and I like music.
Tony: (discussing what they learned at church on Easter Sunday) Mom, at Easter, Jesus died on the crosswalk. You can call it a cross if you want, but I'm calling it a crosswalk.
Tony: (while eating canned mandarin oranges) Can you please leave me alone for a minute? I've got a lot of slurping to do here.
I wasn't home the other night to tuck Tony P. in to bed, and the next morning I told him I had missed our tuck in. Convinced I was wrong, he spent about 5 minutes trying to convince me that I was actually there. When he finally realized that I had, in fact, not tucked him in, he said, "Wow. I can't believe I was wrong!" Guess who's never wrong at our house?
Tony's primary teacher: If you sit on this egg (made out of paper) for all of sharing time, it will hatch and a prize will come out. Tony: That egg is made out of paper, so nothing is going to hatch out of it. Primary teacher: It's a magic egg - you can use your imagination. Tony: I know it's not magic. It's made of paper.
Tony: (Sobbing because everyone has gone to bed & he has no one to cuddle) "I don't want to sleep with my stuffed animal, because he doesn't cuddle right. I want to cuddle with an actual human."
Tony: Mom, I need a baby sister because everyone else has one. Me: If you have a baby sister, then you wouldn't get to cuddle me quite so much. Tony: Actually, I'm allergic to babies.
"Mom, I learned a new song. It goes "I Am A Child Of God" (sung to the tune of "Nuttin' for Christmas")
How awesome is that. I love it
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a great idea I think I will use it for a different reason than family togetherness ... maybe punishment!!
ReplyDelete