CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 22, 2010

What A Week!

Does your calendar look like mine? Sometimes I look at my calendar and wonder if there was a way to skip the coming week and just get right to the weekend, but when I realize that the weekend is just as busy as the coming week, I realize there's nowhere to go but forward. Most of the time I feel like I am quite capable of functioning, and when people tell me they think I'm busy, I usually respond with "we're all busy" because in reality, we are all very busy people. Stay-at-home moms, working moms, working women in general, tend to be very busy people. I think we sometimes put this on ourselves, because being task-oriented also means being productive, and I'm pretty sure we all like being able to cross things off our lists. But this last week, if you were to tell me I was too busy, I would have agreed with you. I have spent the morning today trying to do all the things that should have been done last week, and as I was telling a friend on the phone today, I think someone else has been living in my house, because it was so messy and no one was here to create that kind of a mess! Anyway, without complaining (because it was a fantastic, memorable week, busy or not), I thought I'd post a summary of what happened last week (was it only a week ago this stuff happened?). I apologize in advance for the quality of some of the pictures, but hopefully you'll be able to still recognize the faces and the events well enough to appreciate them.

Monday: Kiwanis Music Festival in Lethbridge; drove 2 hours, watched/performed musical theatre for 4 hours, drove home for 2 hours. Little Ray as "Snoopy" from "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown," Missy Mae as "Cosette" from "Les Miserables," and the girls together as the Toy Story characters in "You've Got a Friend in Me." No marks because we had to change the date of their performance, but positive comments from the adjudicator, and fun for them to perform on the stage where I did so much of that growing up.

Tuesday: At the hospital by 6:45 am for Tony P.'s surgery. Read previous post for more information there.
Wednesday: Taught piano lessons for 6 hours.

Thursday: Choir practice - last practice to get ready for the festival

Friday: Choir at the festival in the morning. The first class of the day, and the adjudicator was very positive and excited about the kids and their performance. I was so proud of the kids - they worked so hard and did everything I had asked them to do. I couldn't have been happier.

Saturday: Swimming lessons, primary party, drove to Lethbridge for 2 hours. Spent a few great hours with G&GL, then ran the Moonlight Run with PWL, Little Ray, Missy Mae, and GL. I think the race was the highlight of my week. I got to run with Ray the whole time, PWL ran on his own, and Missy Mae ran with GL. Everyone did better than we'd thought, and the atmosphere and excitement surrounding an event like that just can't be beat.
Oh yeah, then drove home for 2 hours to arrive at 1:00 am, which brings us to...

Sunday: Just church. And a nap. Sunday was a very good day.

So there you have it. I have tried not to make it sound like a pity party entry, because we really did create a lot of great memories this week. I have tried, and failed (after several frustrating attempts) to download the videos of the girls performing at the festival. I apologize to my family who is reading this, and to whom I promised recordings, but I guess the best we'll be able to do is a live performance the next time we see you. That'll be more fun anyway, and far less predictable, to be sure.

Here's to this week - may it be much less busy than the last!

2 comments:

  1. You are my hero! Wow. I love the photo of all you runners. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week full of so many fun things!! Great memories and I am so glad you got a Sunday afternoon nap!

    ReplyDelete

Followers