CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Gratitude


I have been thinking about this word a lot lately. I hesitate to write about something personal like this on a blog that can be read by anyone, but I also would be remiss if I didn't bring this up, so here goes. I read this article today and was surprisingly affected by its message. I'm sure everyone has heard about Oprah and her gratitude journals, and how expressing gratitude can help us have a more positive outlook on life. I have always thought it was a good idea, but have lacked the motivation to do anything about it. I was happy to read this article today and discover that it's more than just writing down what I'm grateful for. In fact, more importantly, it's telling the people who have influenced my life how grateful I am for them, and doing so in a sincere and genuine way. I try to say thank you to people when they help me out (and trust me, I need a LOT of help), but I am realizing that I could do a much better job of more thoughtfully expressing how truly grateful I am for all of the people who have affected my life, either by helping in difficult times, or just by being a friend when I needed one. So if you get a thank-you card from me out of the blue in the next little while, please don't think I'm going crazy. I'm just trying to express how much I appreciate all of the people who have made such an impact on me. And if you don't, please don't be offended, because like most of my great ideas, it may end up as just an intention, instead of an actual deed. I guess once in a while it's important to remember that none of us have made it this far alone, and we certainly won't continue onward alone, so if we can express to the people who have helped us along the way how much we appreciate them, then the road forward will seem all the more sweet.

2 comments:

  1. Wow great minds must think alike I was just thinking about the same thing and how nice it is to receive a note expressing gratitude and how I wanted others to know how much i appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there you go being all insiteful and making me think about looking outside of myself every now and then!!! Don't forget that sometimes the best part of service is doing it without being recognized!

    ReplyDelete

Followers