CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 28, 2010

Almost There

I thought I should quickly write and update what's happening for those of you who are following Tony P.'s progress on here. His surgery is still scheduled for this Friday, and we will leave tomorrow evening to drive up so we can be at the hospital Wednesday morning at 7am. I think I have everything taken care of here for while we are gone, although I'm sure there will be some last-minute things I haven't thought of. The girls are both going to grandparents' houses and although there are some feelings of apprehension, and maybe even a small bit of anxiety, I know they are going to be alright. We had our last day of school today, complete with a talent show that the girls performed in, so that was a great way to end the year. And until Friday, we're just having to do more waiting. I am praying like I've never prayed before that Tony P. won't get sick, and I'm so thankful for the prayers of those who know us and who care about what happens to our little boy. I'm pretty sure we could get through this by those prayers alone, if nothing else. I am trying not to think about the procedure itself very much, or how he will be after the surgery, but I'm sure as the time gets closer, it will be the foremost thought in my mind. I plan to update this regularly once he has the surgery so that those of you who are wondering will have the most recent information about how everything goes. I know my parents and PWL's parents are planning on keeping family posted on how things have gone, so hopefully everyone who is wanting to know will somehow be contacted.

Again, thank you all so much for your prayers, your thoughts, your concern, and most of all your support. I feel humbled by the offers of help to our family from friends and family, and extremely grateful to be surrounded by such thoughtful and caring people. Wish us luck.

6 comments:

  1. Wishing you luck and love!! We will be thinking and praying for you this next while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to have something to do during all of the waiting times. Suduko puzzles, laptop, or whatever passes time for you. There's a lot of sitting around the first day or two. They kick you out of the ICU for a few hours a day too. Say 'hi' to Dr. Rebeyka for us if you remember. I'll be thinking about you and praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Tony P is in all of our families prayers- he's a strong little guy We are sending all of our happy thoughts and well wishes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are all in our prayers. We'll be fasting with the family on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love you and are praying for Anthony every day. You are a very strong person. We pray for you and Pete too. Love you! Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. We sure are praying for you. Good luck. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Followers