Before I do the pictures, and the explanations, I need to say that we still do not know a date for Tony P.'s surgery. I really am frustrated by this, and was hoping to hear today, which would mean we would go in on June 21, but since we haven't, I'm guessing if it happens at all this month, it will be the last week of June. Now that I've written that down, my hopes is that I will be contradicted and will get a call tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime, he's been happily coming along with me to all of these events, mostly dressed in his Tigger suit, and often times confined to his stroller to reduce the risk of him running away. He's been a pretty good sport the last couple of weeks, since most of the things we've done have been things he's only been able to observe, but once in awhile he gets to do something fun, and I think that makes the rest of the sitting time ok. I hope so. Anyway, that's the update for him.
As for the rest of us, we finished May with a special art lesson for Missy Mae, a trip to our favorite National Park for our 3rd annual May long weekend with our friends, Ray's swim meet and my choir concert, and then started June with the girls' school track meet and a triathlon. It has been a very fun couple of weeks, but very busy as well. I have a lot of great pictures from these events, but will try to only post some of the ones that best show what we've been up to. And as usual, I apologize if I seem overly proud of my kids, but hopefully anyone who is a mom and reading this will understand.
Missy Mae's art lesson with her "hero" and PWL's artist uncle. She learned shading, which she is now doing on every picture she colors, and some other very helpful skills. I'm so glad we have family around who is willing and able to teach our kids more about the things they love to do, since neither PWL or I know anything about this talent that Missy Mae has. But we're really good at praising her for the great creations she comes up with!
At the end of the choir concert, where both choirs were singing together. It was a great concert, and a nice way to end the choir year.But even with all these pictures, the one that still gives me the biggest smile is this one...




All Mother's should have bragging rights on their kids -and you have wonderful children to be proud of!! Give them big hugs from us - we miss you and love you. Congrats to Pete too on the triathalon and to you on the choir concert and being the all-round cheerleader Mom you are! Love you lots! Guess who? :)
ReplyDeleteRemember the beginning of May- when we thought this month was going to be sooo busy-- we were right but looks like you guys found lots of chance for fun too!!!
ReplyDelete