CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Four Years

Four years ago this week we took possession of our current home. I was tucking my kids in bed tonight and realized that this was the kind of weather we had when they first started having tuck-ins in this house. Super bright, way too hot for the top bunk, afraid to leave the windows open because someone's motorcycle might wake them up but too hot to close the windows kind of weather. But also the perfect weather for playing outside all afternoon, learning to ride a bike with training wheels instead of a tricycle, reconnecting with the neighbors after months of being holed up in the house, and basically just taking life easy. Long before the craziness of full-time school and all that comes with it ate up our time, we were care-free, lazy, creative, and busy all at the same time, and we loved every minute of it. With yet another school year almost done, and some big changes in our not so distant future, I was happy to have the memories, and the heart-warming feelings that often come with reminiscing. Missy Mae was the very same age then as Tony P. is now, which is probably the other reason why the memories seem more tangible to me. (Same age - very different people). Anyway, I thought it would be fun to post a few pictures of the girls that first summer, just for memory's sake. And if you're reading this and you're not on a very cheesy song on my playlist, I recommend skipping to "Yesterday" by Eva Cassidy (#10) if you'd like more bang for your (memory) buck. Enjoy.

Hard to believe, but this is Ray, pre-ponytail days. See the cute little buns? You can't even see her face, and I'm sure if she saw this picture she would insist that it isn't her, but it really is. I hardly believe it myself.

She used to also love to play dress-up in this fancy dress-up gown. Not sure what she was trying to be, exactly, but she really loved that dress.

These are a series of Missy Mae pictures, where she is portraying different expressions. This is scared.

Pretty sure this one is nervous. Nervous, or grossed-out. One or the other.

Excited, perhaps?

Ok, this was not exactly four years ago, but only 7 months after we moved here, we added our little charmer. I just had to add this one, since although the memories of that first summer here are sweet, they wouldn't be complete without some memory of bringing Tony P. into the mix. Even as a newborn, he looks like he's ready to punch out a bad guy.

Moving here was the best decision we ever made. I was very nervous about starting life all over again in a new place, but it turns out that we needed this town, and we needed the people who have made it easy for us to call it home. With everything that is coming up in the next month, I am so grateful that we do have a home here, and friends that we know are there for us if we need them. Now if only four years of living in one house didn't also produce four year's worth of junk in my basement, I think I could be truly at peace...

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you moved here and I have had the chance to be your friend... I am all the better for it! Love Ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice post! Rayanne looks so different....when I first saw the picture I didn't even think it was her!!! Probably because of the sparkly dress....sooo cute!


    And Shelby looks so little! What a sweetie!

    I'm so glad we all moved in around the same time and we could be such good friends. I remember my VT telling me about this girl Loralee, and I wondered who that was......too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Followers