We were very excited about the chance to go to the torch relay, which happened to be in our town on Tuesday. The girls' school was bussing all of the kids grades 2-6 to the route, but since Missy Mae is in Grade 1, she was not going to be able to go. So I made an executive decision to pick her up and drive her there myself, as did almost every other parent of the kids in grade 1. We stood with the other kids from their school when they arrived, and had so much fun. As you will see in the pictures, they were more than a little excited. The schools had encouraged everyone to wear red, and we did our best to comply (some more than others). I still remember when the torch came through Lethbridge when I was 11 years old. I went downtown with a friend and took in the festivities. I'll never forget that feeling of excitement and anticipation, and hopefully my kids won't either.
Waiting for torch to come by. Missy Mae made her own torch in her class that day.
A very excited Little Rae
Where we were standing on the route - along with hundreds of other elementary school-aged kids. I've never heard such loud cheering!
Here comes the torch!
Apparently I cannot post all the pictures in one post, so there are two of these posts coming. The second post will have the rest of the pictures, so read on...




I saw the pictures on facebook too, what an exciting and memorable moment. good executive decision. i used to make those all the time, and think i learned to do so from your mom!
ReplyDelete