CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 22, 2010

Random Ramblings

I have never done this in my blogging career, but since I don't have anyone banging down the door of the computer room to get my attention, I figured tonight would be a good time to start. I'm trying to do a better job of keeping up my blog this year, mostly so I can keep a record of what happens in my life. If I were better at writing in a journal, I wouldn't have this nagging need to write a blog at all, but since I never think to pick up a pen and write, and this is far more interesting, I will stick with blogging. So here I go with some random thoughts I have come up with this week.



I was a loser in high school and loved the movie "Newsies." Tonight, as my kids are in bed and my husband is sick and has been sleeping since 7:30, I feel like Jack in that movie (a break-out performance by Christian Bale, and I'm sure the performance that landed him the role of Batman...) where he sings "I'm alone but I ain't lonely." Oh man, I really need something else to do right now so I can quit quoting brutal movies from the early 90's. But if you need a good laugh, here's my man Christian singing that great song . Clearly, I am still a loser today.

Speaking of musicals, every year in our ward, my friend KP and I put on a musical review. It gets called something different every time we refer to it (i.e. road show, talent show, music show, talent night, etc.), but the premise is the same. Try to convince as many people as possible to put on costumes and excessive amounts of make-up and do something they wouldn't otherwise do in front of their peers and fellow ward-members. The first year it was songs from musicals and last year was music through the ages. This year we are going with songs from movies. We're hopeful that by giving people such a broad subject, we will get lots of great suggestions and volunteers to make the show fun. The interesting thing about this whole process is that because of the position PWL currently holds in our ward, he is always required to do something in the show. I say interesting, but what I really mean is ironic, since he is admittedly not comfortable performing on a stage in front of anyone, let alone his peers. I love the fact that he does it anyway, regardless of how embarrassed and uncomfortable he is feeling. Two years ago he and I sang a duet of "You Don't Bring me Flowers" but tweaked the words to make it work for our situation, and last year he and his counselors did, well, it's impossible to describe, but you can watch the version they copied here, if you're interested. The discussion at the dinner table tonight was all about what they could do this year that would top last year's performance. The talks are very preliminary, but I think we might have something great in the works.

Ok, so the random ramblings are stopping after just two small topics. I am bored with myself just writing this. The beauty of this blog is that the small number of people who read this will either quit reading whenever they want, or are interested enough in what is going on in my life that they would read to the end of the post anyway! Either way, I hope you enjoyed my random ramblings. I don't think I'll do this again. I'm going to watch "Newsies" now.

2 comments:

  1. Last year was pretty impressive, what do you have up your sleeve this time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for the record Lor, I never thought you were a loser in High School and for sure you are not a loser now. Stop and take a good look at your life and agree! love ya, Aunt Denise

    ReplyDelete

Followers