CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 13: Goals


I'm starting to feel like this project is never going to end! There is a reason why I never finish things through to completion, and this is it. It's the same reason I had a hard time writing a 10 page paper in college, and why almost every "eat healthy and exercise" plan I ever start ends with a sad fizzle...because I'm not a goal setter. There. I said it. I don't particularly enjoy goals, don't like making chore charts for my kids because I'm really enthusiastic about them for a little while and then I stop caring, don't make New Year's resolutions because they just depress me in September when I realize I haven't completed anything I've set out to do. So to write a whole blog post about what my goals are is less than exciting for me. Here's what I'm going to do instead. I'm going to write one immediate goal, one short-term goal, and one long-term goal. That way I can set a very small and realistic expectation for myself, and perhaps even complete the task. Don't get me wrong - I admire people who set goals and achieve them. I have just never been very good at that, and have convinced myself that I'm capable of achieving what I want to achieve just by sheer chance. This is unrealistic, I know, but it's how I think, and apparently I don't care who knows! Goals. Blah.

Immediate Goal: Finish this 15 days of quickly-turning-uninteresting facts about myself
Short-term Goal: Stop eating so many leftover Halloween chocolate bars so I can buy a new dress for Christmas and actually fit in it
Long-term goal: Teach all of my kids how to clean the house well enough that they can do it all themselves without my help. Not with a chore chart to check off how well they've done, though, because as I've already stated, that never ends well. Just with the satisfaction of knowing that they have cleaned the house and made their mom happy (insert kid eye roll here).

Two more days. I'm hanging on to finish this project, but it's by a very thin piece of thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers